Two showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

On the current job I've to install two thermo mixer showers. Cold is no problem but I'm a bit stumped re hot supply from cylinder. I can fit a surrey flange and then tee in 22 to each shower reducing to 15 at the valve. There will only be about 0.2 bar pressure. Will this work or has anyone a better solution, (more than likely I suspect).

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
When u state there will only be .2 bar a guess that u only have 2m of head between the shower head & the water level in the tank. Mira low pressure showers used to require a minimum of .1 bar . A good booster pump will over come this if its the way u wish to go.

Thanks guys, I had thought of a pump as a possibility. The architect had originally specified showers needing a minimum of 1 bar dynamic pressure, uhmm no chance so I suggested the Mira Excel which as stated will work on 0.1 bar. Do you think a 22mm surrey flange will run both showers at once, or am I pushing it?

Regards
Martin

Sponsored Links
It should cope cos the inlet to the shower is only 15mm but the diameter of the hose if used is even less. It would be good if ya cold feed to cylinder was in 28mm if it isn't allready.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back