Vokera linea 24 - does not stay on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we moved into our first flat recently and we know it needs some work- to say the least.... but buying a new boiler was not in the budget this year!

Hopefully this can be delayed - please let me know what you think.

FACTS:
-I have a Vokera Linea 24 - estimated to be about 5yrs old.
-the boiler stays on only for a few hours at a time (sometimes more sometimes less)
-then blinks fault code 01
-Resetting works most times, but as said, does not stay on
-doesn't seem to be any special time when it would go off, time of day/ hours of use... but don't think it happens when we actually are using the hot water.
-There were some times when I could not get it started at all. I would hear the clicking sound (of the sparker I presume), but no flames etc
-we were told the pressure gauge does not work, but I did notice it dropping gradually a few weeks before. I used the filling loop and the pressure went up but kept going to almost 3. It worked fine though, dropping very gradually over the next few weeks before the problem.
-the first boiler engineer drained the boiler because it was too high
-he couldn't get it working as didn't know what the fault code was for.
-for the first few days after it first stopped working, I would have to refill the boiler using the filling loop each time before resetting.
-the gauge now shows about 1.5

- A couple engineers recommend that we get a new boiler, but I'm not sure if I trust them....

So guys, DO I NEED A NEW BOILER, or SHOULD A SERVICE and a few valve changes do the trick for now??

Sponsored Links
All I can say is that your boiler at 5 years old is like a lady of 38 years!

Not young perhaps ( unless you are 39 ) but still expected to have many years of life available providing she meets the man who can breathe more life back into her!

Its very difficult for anyone to realistically guess whats wrong with your lady but its likely that something is out of adjustment or has failed. It would only take a few minutes to diagnose the fault at the boiler.

Parts cost not a lot more than £100 each for your lady and an expert would need approaching the same figure ( we charge £84 ) to diagnose the fault and fix it.

So for up to £200 or so it can be fixed. Or if you have money to waste you can replace it at a cost of about £1500. The choice is yours!

Tony Glazier

They can have trouble getting going for several reasons. They blame it on breathing diffculties, hot flushes, waterworks troubles, being hot headed, mental issues, careless handling when young, or various difficulties which go unexplained, in the front bottom area.

They can be temperamental too, sometimes all that's needed is a jolly good servicing.

Sponsored Links
They usually say that old boilers need servicing once a year !

After 1 week of not staying on for more than a few hours at a time, the old thing has been on for the last 2 days. But I get you're saying that a service may do. Fingers crossed.

Thanks anyway guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back