Help! - Missing dining table leg screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm wondering whether some of you diy experts could give me some advice? We have recently moved house and now have room to put up a dining table we bought a few years ago. The dining table had been in storage in our last house as we didn't have the room for it (we had bought it when living in the house before that one!) When it came to move house recently we couldn't find the screws to attach the table legs.

I really haven't a clue about diy and so really don't know the type of screws and possibly brackets we need to buy.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could advise me about the type of screws/brackets we need to buy. I could provide digital photos and measurements.

Many thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
I reckon photo's will be essentail for any advice. Tip for the future, put the screws in a bag, and tape / secure this bag to the table, this way you won't lose the screws.

Take one of the screws you want to match to an old-fashioned hardware store or ironmongers.

Look for a wrinkled old assistant, preferably wearing a brown warehouse coat. Give him your sample and with luck he will count out a dozen new ones for you and put them in a brown paper bag.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back