Covering gap under shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone has any experience of filling the gap under an elevated shower tray. We have a 900mmm quadrant shower tray which has been built onto a wooden plinth as it feeds into a Saniflo pump. (Yep....horrible...I know).

The 2 tiled walls at the back are in good shape, but as the tray is about 8 inches above floor level there is a large gap beneath the tray. The tray support is made from 2x3 with a 1/2" ply top and sits on about 5" adjustable legs for levelling.

The original installer had bodged it with scored and curved plasterboard but it stood proud of the tray and looked terrible. I've maybe not the dryest place to be using it. At the moment I'm using a piece of painted panelling but to be honest looks a bit naff too. Anyone have ideas on a material or product that would do the job better? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try UPVC facia, it can be bent to a curve and fixed with screws & plastic caps, just a bead of mastic along the top to seal it to the side of the tray.

Jason

Thanks for the suggestion Jason. I gave it a go and it looked OK. The fascia is proud of the edge of the shower tray but much better than it looked before. When I drop on some 2-3mm polycarb sheeting I might have another go to level up the edges but I'm sorted for now. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back