Toilet advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to replace the suite in the downstairs cloakroom. I currently have a low level pan/cistern going into a waste pipe that goes into my concrete floor. I want to replaced the toliet with a close coupled toilet but am unsure how to connect it to the waste. My current toilet has an s-trap so plumbs to the waste directly. I can only find close coupled toilets with p-traps. I have seen waste pipes that have a 90 degrees bend for this but am unsure.
Firstly are these fittings any good (ie do they block easily)?
Secondly my waste pipe is 8" from the wall and the base of a closed couple toilet pan will be sat partially over it. Is the distance they sit from the wall adjustable?

Cheers in advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
You will find a 90 degree fitting (looks a bit like a ship's ventilator) which will fit quite closely onto the back of the pan and can be pushed as far down the soil pipe as necessary. It will probably almost mimic the layout of the original pan. The internal profile is pretty smooth so no hangups!

Why can't you find a pan with an S trap?

To be honest i have only looked in B&Q and Wickes and cant find an s-trap pan, i'll try again though. What i am worried about is the base of the close couple toilet covering my soil pipe on the floor. Is there a way to bring the toilet away from the wall a bit to allow me to fit one of these 90 degree pipes?

You need to go to a proper plumber's merchant and have a look through their catalogues. I believe many pans come with a choice of outlet type.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back