circulating pump to boiler connection question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My set up is an open vented hot water and heating system with Ferolli Sigma 40-60 wall hung boiler in kitchen, water cylinder in airing cupboard upstairs with 2 x 2-port Sunvic valves and programmer. room and cylinder stats too.

My problem is that the circulating pump in the airing cupboard does not always come on, thus causing kettling/noise/vibration in the boiler as the boiler is sometimes turned on but with no water circulation!!

Whenever the water or central heating stats/programmer call for heat, the respective Sunvic 2-port valve opens and once the valve is fully open makes the switched-live connection to the boiler in the kitchen. The boiler fan starts and then the boiler fires up as normal.

The circulating pump Live wire is connected directly to the boiler itself so that it has pump over-run connection rather than directly to the mains live switch.

100% of the time the boiler starts whenever the external controls call for heat on either the water or heating circuit but only about 50% of the time does the circulating pump start aswell.

Here is my query.......... when the boiler switched-live connection is closed does it then activate a relay within the boiler or something similar, to the Live wire to the circulating pump? Has anyone known this relay (or circuit to the pump from the boiler) to fail? Is it a part within the electrics of the boiler itself that is changeable?

It is not a problem with the pump itself as I had the pump changed yesterday with a new one and this happened on the old pump and now the same on the new pump. And I have come to the conclusion that the pump gets its Live feed from the boiler and if the boiler is coming on 100% of the time then it can only be a problem getting the Live from the boiler connection to the pump?

The boiler is 18 months old and hence out of warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back