Part P limited scope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any plumbers with an average knowledge of electrics done this yet and if so how hard is it?

Sponsored Links
Which one, all 5 registraton bodies run a limited scope scheme and various courses for you to be come a domestic installer ethier full or limited.

i thought that there was a specific limited scope for plumbers/heating people?

or are all the awarding bodies tailor making them?

corgi run the limited scope schme. Napit run a limited scope and limited number of install shcemes. NIC do one. BSI have their own version.etc,etc. Personally i'm a member of the corgi scheme and NAPIT's domesticc installer registration. all depends on your elec quals or if you intend doing the "learn electrics in a week course".

Sponsored Links
So do i need an electric's qualification to qualify for a part -p limited scope course?

Sorry I am not up to date on what is happening now I did the EAL Level 2 5 day course designed for kitchen fitters, plumbers, diy property developers recognised by everyone including corgi.

The NAPIT 8 only scheme is for retired electricians and college lecturers, not designed for us, I doubt if they would let you do it.

When I weant on the course at The Farraday Centre in Middlesborough there was no entry requirment.

If you only plan to do limited scope work probably now that the acs training centres are offering courses, best to go on one of those and do the registration with corgi.

I plumbed for Napit as I plan to take Big Brown Book and I&T so that I can do periodic inspections and whole house inspections for estate agents aswell as gas safety certificates. Apart from the cost of the extra qualifications required the membership costs no more so I thought might as well go whole hog.

I tyhink that it is a travesty that there isn't a much cheaper scheme for people who only put in a spur for a boiler and fit the odd shower, but the dog must have his dinner.

bster you previously mentioned you are attending college. If you are taking an NVQ they generally cover very basic electrics, which will give you the basic qualification to wire boilers and controls.

Am i allowed to wire up the entire heating system or not though, replace switched sockets to FCU etc without part p?

so i need it for new heating controls, but not for a fused connection unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back