Valliant Ecotec plus 831

scooby007 said:
Thank you Tony for your reply.
Are you a corgi reg. plumber , do you know what the problem could be.
Do you think i should get a corgi inspector out to have a look at the system to see if it has been fitted correctly.

I am not a plumber but I am a CORGI registered boiler engineer.

Its difficult to guess but it seems that the installer has wrongly connected the hot water pipes. Thats not really a gas safety issue but nevertheless CORGI would come if you asked them and in view of the apparent total lack of customer care shown by the installer then that might not be a bad idea.

The other issue is that such an incompetent installer is probably not CORGI registered. Thats quite serious but do you know his name or can you describe him to the CORGI inspector?

Have you paid the full price? If so why did you pay when it is not working properly?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hello Tony.
Thank you for your replys and knowledge greatly appreciated.
I'm starting to wonder now that even though the company is registered as Corgi... But is the fitter?? Didn,t have the knowledge to ask for his personel corgi i.d and he never showed it.
Ive had somebody come to give us a 2nd an opinion on what may be wrong.
He said he thinks one of the hot water pipes running from the last working sink in the kitchen to upstairs could be a leak somewhere,and he may have to cap and bypass with new pipes.
He too thinks no way should he have left us with no water like that very bad service.
p.s We paid over 60% in cash and the rest with a cheque ..which we did cancel when they failed to show as promised .
I can tell you the company are not happy bunnys and are threatening to sue for the remainder which is over £700.00 plus they want administration costs of £85. a week plus a bank charge they got due to a cancelled cheque by us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back