Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i need to move a radiator to an adjacent wall, the problem is the pipework comes through a joist under floorboards and i have to cut the pipes quite close to the joists,
i'm a bit reluctant to use a blowtorch this close to the woodwork and to get to the other end of the pipework would mean lifting a nice new Karndean floor we had laid last year, so my question is: can i use a straight coupler to make the join or is this against any regulations?
I have always done my own plumbing, but have never had this problem before.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
ronnieboy said:
Hi, i need to move a radiator to an adjacent wall, the problem is the pipework comes through a joist under floorboards and i have to cut the pipes quite close to the joists,
i'm a bit reluctant to use a blowtorch this close to the woodwork and to get to the other end of the pipework would mean lifting a nice new Karndean floor we had laid last year, so my question is: can i use a straight coupler to make the join or is this against any regulations?
I have always done my own plumbing, but have never had this problem before.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

OOPS! should have said straight coupler compression joint

Suggest you dampen the wood, (plant squirters are good) use solder ring fittings, and protect the joists with a "solder mat" , or cut open tin cans or similar. If the pipes are clean and dry and you don't use too much flux it'll all be over in a few seconds.
The joist might char a little but it won't catch fire.
(famous last words!!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back