Combi Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( My boiler has started running for no reason for a few seconds several times a day I have also noticed it continues running a short duration when I have turned off the hot tap I at a loss it feels expensive any help appreciated MIKEL

Sponsored Links
mikel12 said:
:( My boiler has started running for no reason for a few seconds several times a day I have also noticed it continues running a short duration when I have turned off the hot tap I at a loss it feels expensive any help appreciated MIKEL

crystal%20ball.jpg

read this

Its an Ideal Mini, or a Biasi or a Halstead and the DHW flow switch gland is leaking and sticking and the switch is turning on the hot water when its not required but it goes to the rads as the diverter is in the heating position.

It might also a Puma but I dont think so.

Tony

Or a turbomax or similar which has got its keep-me-hot turned on for the first time.

Sponsored Links
Even the Sine 18 had a warmstart facility, so it could be one of those!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back