New radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace a rad in my hallway. Easy you may say. But the flow & return tails are buried into a concrete floor, & I don't want to dig it up, and the new rad is longer than the old one (old 1100mm, new 1200mm.
How can I arrange the new tails to accomodate the larger rad, without making it look like spaggetti junction?

Sponsored Links
Direct plumbing said:
How can I arrange the new tails to accomodate the larger rad, without making it look like spaggetti junction?

The usual professional method is to take the existing pipes to left and right just below the new rad.

Done correctly its hardly noticeable but if you think that looks like spaggetti then I am glad that we are not doing the job for you!

When one of your pipes under the concrete starts leaking you will wish you had a properly installed system!

Tony

Or use radiator extensions - 50mm chrome tube each end between valve and rad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back