Hotpoint WM41 motor (forward works but not backward)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have O.A.P. WM41 washing machine gave me an error E30 (which mean drive motor), I don't understand that when motor is operating at forward mode it is fine (spin mode is also fine) but the motor can't go backward during wash cycle and machine paused for 5 seconds then gives E30 error.
At the same time, another motor sounds ok (i am assuming that water pump is draining the water out).

I have checked the motor connectors and it is all fine. Any suggestions would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
change the brushes

Worth a try.
However, motor direction is controlled by switching at the pcb.
I suspect there may a fault with the pcb, wiring or the motor itself.

yes but if one is worn down more than the other, i have seen it happen

Sponsored Links
Agreed, which is why I said "worth a try". But, being the merchant of doom I like to prepare for the worst. :p

breezer said:
change the brushes

Hiya, thanks for speedy prompt.

Brought £25 worth of brushes and fitted.

But it still not working (eg. same problems - motor won't go backward direction) :(

Oh! where can I find that pcb which drive the motor?

Many thanks.

It's part of the programmer. Follow the wires from the motor back to the pcb.

OK, thanks for this.

Having a look at wiring from motor connector. There are 8 wires in total (6 whites and 2 red/black). Traced these, but 6 whites wire goes back to pcb which has couple of relays and sitting at the side of right hand side of machine (looking from front of machine). Another 2 red/black wires goes to front panel pcb. So which one pls :?:

Also, if you can able to provide me the cost of pcb(s) please? if these are too expensive then I will consider to buy new machine :(

Kind regards

The one the white wires go to is the normal one to go faulty.
Sorry, no idea on prices of parts. You'll have to phone some stockists up and enquire there.

Ah! I found the problem at last, fixed and working now. I bet you are dying to know what the problem was? :LOL:

It was only one bad soldering connection on Power Control Module (PCB), which drives the motor backward directions.

This saves myself £140 plus VAT for this PCB. Treat myself ..... :D

Thanks for ideas/replies.

Take care
:p

Sure is Tockworth, the feedback is always appreciated.
Don't know who's happier, me or Gizzard :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back