boiler pcb's ref. recon

I did a small warrantee repair this afternoon let in by someone from the installer's firm.

They employ several people and do repair work for insurance companies as well as gas leak calls for Transco NG (?).

I specifically asked if they used repaired PCBs for their insurance work or their own repairs but the answer was they dont touch them.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile - what does that prove?

One of our engineers would tell you we don't fit Biasi, Vokera, Pott, Baxi etc but there are plenty who do. It is down to preference and the type of market you address.

You have resoldered duff boards yourself (other posts in this forum) so I can't see how you can come out so prejudiced against a commercial enterprise repairing them in controlled conditions.

I like most of your posts though ;)

It proves nothing and it is not intended to either.

We know that some firms doing insurance repairs DO use repaired PCBs and it interests me to know the extent of that usage of repaired parts because thats commercial intelligence which I generally share with others!

Obviously a firm using £45 repaired PCBs compared with £120 new PCBs is in a greatly better competitive position in the marketplace.

Part of the problem is that people here mostly post with pseudonyms and do not often make it clear if they are employed, sole trader or employer.

Tony

My pseudonym is there because it's my main non commercial email addy

I think it's fairly clear from my profile who I am if anyone was to look

but to the point ...

one of my customers uses us to repair Xuprima pcbs because the insco consider the new 5107117 to be an upgrade rather than a repair and so won't pay for it

Sponsored Links
That sounds a bit daft. The new kit ( 5111603 ) is the same price as the 5102160 it replaced, so what's the objection? It should be more reliable long term, and the old board is not available. Mfrs often bring out an improved part with a new number, do they refuse to fit any new part?
It doesn't ring true. I wonder what the response would be from the insurance company if they were asked if they want parts fitted on their behalf, against the instructions of the manufacturer.

WHICH insurance companies have this policy?

Part of the problem is that people here mostly post with pseudonyms and do not often make it clear if they are employed, sole trader or employer.

If you do state who you represent or your specific line of business self appointed moderator Softus attempts a hatchet job and accuses one of advertising. And a few insults in my case.

So your sensible suggestion may stimulate a cut and paste frenzy...

Gets my vote.

'Where you finde a head fit for this Cappe, either bestowe it upon him in charity, or send him where he may have them for his money'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back