Rob Willey gas fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bamber gaspipe

Have just installed this fire, it won`t ignite via piezo ignition, lights o.k with taper/match etc but won`t have it using normal knob. Checked spark which is present , distance correct, burner pressure is correct after lighting manually, everything checks out, checked for blockages, can`t find reason why it won`t ignite, have phoned Rob Willey to send out Engineer but have I missed something? It`s a Firecharm Living flame by the way.. I have referred it back to the manufacturer for a faulty piezo..any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
is the electrode sparking in a place that wont do the job of ingniting??

does it spark at all??

corgiman said:
is the electrode sparking in a place that wont do the job of ingniting??

does it spark at all??

Yes, it`s doing all it should. I`ts an oxy pilot fire, I have checked H.T. leads, spark gap & all the rest of it I think... what do you mean Corgi?

Bamber gaspipe said:
That wouldn`t stop the fire from igniting, it may go out afterwards..anyone :cry:

Well I haven't seen it bamber but if the gas is being pulled up the flue before reaching a point where the spark ignites it it won't light.

ollski said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
That wouldn`t stop the fire from igniting, it may go out afterwards..anyone :cry:

Well I haven't seen it bamber but if the gas is being pulled up the flue before reaching a point where the spark ignites it it won't light.

The gas isn`t being pulled up the flue, the gas is being directed to the appliance. The products of combustion are being sent to the flue..

Excellent, what was it?. I am just curious how you can have gas and an ignition spark in the path of the gas yet no igntion :confused:

Yes just as I thought :rolleyes: , unless you have fitted an automatic damper the flue pulls wheather the fire is lit or not and guess what ?, when there are no poc's it pulls through air and yes, gas, away from the spark.

I am offering you a suggestion based on what you have told us clouseau, but if you prefer to think that the sparking piezo is magically creating an ignition resistant spark then good luck.

But anyway as you say it is sorted so perhaps you can enlighten me?

ollski said:
Yes just as I thought :rolleyes: , unless you have fitted an automatic damper

Yes, I have just fitted one to go with the fire, seeing as it is being installed on a conventional chimney i,e solid brick,conventional,

the flue pulls wheather the fire is lit or not

Behave yourself, you`re winding me up now....

I am offering you a suggestion based on what you have told us clouseau, but if you prefer to think that the sparking piezo is magically creating an ignition resistant spark then good luck.

But anyway as you say it is sorted so perhaps you can enlighten me?

Has anyone fitted a fire particularly this type where the ignition does not fire ..simple question..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back