Belgium plug wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me wiring a plug for Belgium from an appliance which is from the UK. Where do I put the live wire and the neutral wires? Thanks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
You have put this in the "Electrics UK" forum. But if you
want a Belgian plug to put in a Belgian socket then it is
an "outside UK" question.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
no idea what so ever, however I would suggest you look at a few other belgian plugs to find out

Can you just buy an adaptor for it? Can get them at the airport if you cant find them anywhere else

iirc belgian plug means french plug,

from what i can gather although the plug type is polarised they don't worry too much about live/neutral polarity, this shouldn't be a problem with modern appliances though since they are built to be sold worldwide.

the important bit is the earth goes to the female contact (and to the side clips if its a french/german hybrid plug) and the other wires go to the remaining contacts.

Sponsored Links
I'd say find a local electrical shop, a small old-style one, they'll help you no problem.

It's not particularly difficult to wire a CEE 7/7 plug. You might need to be shown once though.

Ireland actually used European style 16A plugs and sockets at one stage. So, they're still mentioned in the ESB's home safety guide.

http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/plug_safety.jsp

Back