My Zanussi WJS 1379 w wont drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I have cleaned the filter. Managed to fish out a small peice of wood from behind the filter. No Joy.

Have been draining from the front filter into a pan after every failed attempt..

I then removed the waste pipe from under sink and attached my dyson. sucked up some coins and the remaining water from the filter. In short the waste pipe is not blocked.

So Ladies and Gentlemen. Why wont my bloody washing drain :c)

Thank in advance.

Sponsored Links
Nellyboy2000 said:
So Ladies and Gentlemen. Why wont my b****y washing drain :c)
quote]

Because there's something stopping the pump running or the impellor has been broken off.
You'll have to take the pump out to check for blockages/debris there.

Right I have the washing mashine upside down (thankfuly) the dyson trink meant no leaking. all switched off, water pipes removed from wall and sink. This drain pump! Is it the thingy that the drain pipe connects to. It is a black box with silver coils round it??!?!

A how to would be great mate.. cheers

Neil

Upside down??? Shouldn't have done that. Not to worry, hopefully no damage done.
Just follow the drain hose it will lead you to the drain pump.
You'll see 4 white clips on the underside of the machine holding a plastic housing down, these need to be released and pushed into the machine a little, the pump will then slide to the side and come out. Don't lose the o ring though.

Sponsored Links
It seemed the easist why to get access. (as it is open, noting to unscrew) I'll give it a go, thanks for your help.

cheers

Neil

I'd have to suspect a problem with the pressure switch or system.
When you turned it upside down water has probably run into the pressure switch. Locate the thin tube, take it off the switch, blow down it to clear it (with the machine empty) and let any water drain out of the switch.
Leave it for 24 hours or so and then reconnect and try it again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back