Room thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,can anyone help , im changing an old room stat , the old one has three connections with no markings , the cable running to it has three wires blue , brown and yellow/green the new stat has connections marked 1 , 2, 3 and 4 , can anyone advise me as to what goes where .[i recently had to re route the room stat cable and i thought i had re connected the wires in the right positions , but on testing the three wires going to the room stat with an electrical screwdriver they all seem to be live ! does this mean i have wired them in the wrong position in the connector block. b][/b]

Sponsored Links
depends on type of boiler but assuming your current room stat is supplied with 240vac you need to check which two terminals in your RS are live with RS turned up and obviously the programmer on.

(it will prob be brown and yellow)

these then need to be wired into terminals 1 and 3 of new RS (check MI)

the third non live wire is an anticipator/neutral put this into terminal 2 again confirm with the MI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back