STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HOT WATER

D

DeletedUser

I've recently had a new water valve fitted to my Worcester C1 combi boiler as the hot water was not heating properly. The water does seem to be hotter but not as hot as I expected considering the temp control is at the maximum. I have also recently had a mixer shower fitted which was having the same problem, the heating engineer that came said I needed two non return valves on the pipes as the water was mixing too quickly. Having fitted these today it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. To get the water even luke warm the pressure has to be very high, too high to take a shower without it literally decapitating me. I have also noticed that on the sink and bath taps the water will get scalding hot when the washing machine is on at the same time and the pressure drops, yet when I try reducing the pressure using the tap when the washing machine is off it doesn't have the same effect and the water stays at the same temperature.

Sponsored Links
You seem to be turning the temperature control to maximum and them complaining that its too hot???

What happens if you turn the temperature control to the halfway position?

Tony

twigsie said:
...as the hot water was not heating properly.
The water does seem to be hotter but not as hot as I expected
To get the water even luke warm the pressure has to be very high
on the sink and bath taps the water will get scalding hot when the washing machine is on at the same time and the pressure drops, yet when I try reducing the pressure using the tap when the washing machine is off it doesn't have the same effect and the water stays at the same temperature.
Agile said:
You seem to be turning the temperature control to maximum and them complaining that its too hot???
Agile - I don't see any complaint of a high temperature at the shower - quite the contrary, in fact.

However, twigsie, I can't quite understand enough of the post, and the recent plumbing changes, to know what to suggest.

Is the problem simply that your combi isn't up to supplying all of the hot outlets at the same time, and/or that your cold mains flow rate (which dictates the hot AND cold flow rate at the shower) is not very high?

If so, could you measure the flow rate at the kitchen sink cold tap and let us know the result?

I think the flow rate is ok its about 9 litres/min. The water valve was replaced as the hot water wasn't getting very hot, the pressure had to be very high to get the boiler to ignite but then the pressure would drop and the pilot light would go out. However the person who replaced it has been back today and he now thinks the diverter valve is also not working. Occasionally the water will get very hot, like it did when he turned up today, then all of a sudden the temperature dropped and at the same time the pipes from the boiler to the CH became hot. Only thing is, when he looked at the service manual for the boiler it doesn't seem to have a diverter valve but he is going to speak to someone at Worcester to try and find out. Any ideas? The boiler is a Worcester C1 combi, it does have the British Gas logo on it, someone told me BG just brought them from Worcester.

Sponsored Links
Beware of this fellow he seems to know nothing about your boiler if he has to call the Manufacturers over a simple fault.

You may be better getting a Worcester engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back