Hob fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to use a flexible tap hose (the stainless steel braided type) to fit onto a hob. I have a gas isolating valve and want to fit the hose to it using 15mm and half inch onto the hob. I would use gas ptfe tape. bearing in mind that these hoses can work up to 15 bar and the gas pressure is millibars is there any reason that these hoses cannot be used?
It would be a nightmare to plumb it in using copper and a flexible hose of 500mm would make my job alot easier ( this is in my own home).

thanks in adv ance

scott

Sponsored Links
Absolutely NOT. They're aren't for gas.
Though you don't have to be corgi regd to do as in your own home, there are still a lot of things you have to get right which you wouldn't guess. Have to advise you get a corgi in to do it.

One of the important aspects of gas work is being able to test for gas leakage afterwards.

Tony

Many gas cookers can be connected with a special black rubber flexible hose and a bayonet connector. If you call a Corgi he will know what this is and if it is appropriate in your situation.

Sponsored Links
scottygio said:
for which reason are the flexible tap hoses unnaceptable?

Because they do not manufacture one to work on natural gas.

Well i think i'll start manufacturing flexible gas hoses, i'll make a fortune!!!

They are already available, as I mentioned earlier.

Prefab the pipework in rigid copper before putting the hob in. This the proper way.

Flexi tap connector on gas? No chance!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back