ZANUSSI DW907 dishwasher trips mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please? Dishwasher starts OK but into main wash cycle it trips the mains RCD (30mA). I suspected heater element so fitted new one but to no avail. I am not keen to pay Zanussi engineer 50 pounds plus vat plus parts on a 10 year old machine; maybe there is something else I can try? Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
You'll need a megger to check the machine and component parts to detect the fault. It can be virtually any electrical part that is going down to earth or shorting out.

Sleepyhead said:
You'll need a megger to check the machine and component parts to detect the fault. It can be virtually any electrical part that is going down to earth or shorting out.

Many thanks Sleepyhead! I guess one could be lucky and find it easily or it could be a long job. (I wonder if there are any other prime suspects apart from the heater element?)

you could have a small leak and its leaking onto any part of the electrics seeing that the machine is 10 yrs old!

Sponsored Links
Closer 4 years old this time lol, the posted dates are at the top of each message box

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back