radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Classic LXRS boiler, with a hot water tank, when the hot water only is selected the radiators become hot, anyone know the problem and a cost effective solution?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
with the little information its sounds like the motorised valve could be letting by.

what other info is required for a better / more educated guess?? the boiler is 10 years old is it worth repairing or should we replace it ??

thanks for your previous answer

:evil: :evil: :evil: Aha! One of those old boilers still going at 10 years!! Old technology, suck teeth, could GO at any time. Regulations, inefficiency, problems. Terrible.
You want it out really, before the winter... unless you want your other half after you when it breaks down... Better get it booked in...

Or you could fix the valve, and leave the boiler for another 20 years. Look for one of
3port-1pimple.gif
these

Sponsored Links
thanks for the picture, I have found one of those in the airing cupboard, are they easy to replace ? mine has a pimple !! what does that mean ??
is there a link to the picture with directions?
thanks again

Martin, you need to drain the system or atleast to the level the valve is on.

and then just a case of 3 nuts (not position of AB, A and B ports) and exchanging wire for wire in the junction box.

not a very difficult job but you need to be competent in draining and refilling a conventional system.

*im assuming this is a recent problem nothing has been altered or touched prior to the fault as there is a slight chance it could be a wiring fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back