Replacing hot water inline washing machine tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago I replaced the inline cold water tap on my washing machine (the one that isolates flexible hose from mains supply). It was stuck open and had been sealed using lots of plumbers mate.

I thought this had fixed the leak but it seems the hot water isolating tap is in the same state i.e. stuck open and leaking slightly. I want to replace it but am not sure how to cut the hot water.

I have a Saunier Duval combi boiler and I imagine I will have to turn the boiler off along with the cold water and then run the hot tap til the water runs out. The only point of concern is whether the boiler will need any maintenance other than turning the cold water back on e.g. airlock, valves inside boiler e.t.c.

Is it as simple as turning cold supply off, running hot tap til runs out and then replacing valve and doing reverse?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Martin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back