Central Heating Hot Water set up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advise l am a bit puzzled with the system l have installed in my new home, it looks like a diy installation as all fittings are compression.
The Boiler is a Myson Velaire oil fired, with a Grunfos pump on the central heating, my query is: The expansion Tank for the system also serves the hot water supply, l thought these would be separate this only came to light the other night when bleeding the system and somehow dirty water from the rads was pushed out of the vent pipe into water tank and our hot water was running with black sludge in.

Sponsored Links
Buy garlic, put crosses on the windows and see if you can get silver bullets on ebay.
You have been possessed by a Primatic hot water cylinder.
aaa.gif

If you drain everything and refill fairly slowly, you should recreate the air-gap which is all that stops you having to bath in rusty radiator-water.

Exorcise it at your earliest convenience.

If you do a search you'll find a host of gloomladen epistles.

We`re all Doomed :eek: :confused: ..second time i`ve said that tonight :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back