Red ink on carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night, my dog destroyed a red ink pen and left several stains on the carpet. I was told to use hairspray and a toothbrush to get it up, but all that\\\'s doing is making the stain larger and slightly less red. Is there anything I can still do? I rent this apartment and I don\\\'t want to be charged.

Sponsored Links
Is it a ball-point pen? A fibre tip? Or what?

If you know the manufacturer of the pen, see if they have a phone no or website - they may have a recommendation.

we used to have a dog that barked at people on bicycles.

we took his bikes away

moral of this story, do not give your dog a pen

breezer said:
we used to have a dog that barked at people on bicycles.

we took his bikes away

moral of this story, do not give your dog a pen

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I bet "ink stain remover" typed into google would be more use, but then it's difm nowadays, not diy :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
John D- The pen is completely destroyed, so I don't know what type it was. I only have two types of red pens around, though, so I'm going to try contact the manufacturers of both. Thank you, good suggestion.

Breezer- I didn't give the dog a pen, she is fairly tall when standing on two legs and was able to steal it off of the countertop. Believe me, I'm not going to be leaving pens in her reach every again.

oilman- I did google it, thank you. I've tried every avenue I know to try, and one of those avenues was to ask here. Obviously, that was the wrong decision. Next time, I'll stick to google only :). Thanx for all the non-sarcastic help!!!

Well, what did you get? I tried it and got 728,000 results. Are you saying you couldn't find a suitable remedy from that selection?

Another American with an ink stain problem :rolleyes: :LOL:. Makes me wonder if it's someone that is creating a variety of accounts and posting these threads. You gotta admit, it does seem like it :eek:.

this is my first looksee here.....americans have a lot of ink stains??

i was going to suggest two possible remedies. if it was a red permanent marker....this wont work.
if ballpoint or felt tip (and red is the hardest to get out) try lots of papertowels on hand for blotting....dont rub....and if possible try a small spot first to see if it's gonna work....rubbing alcohol.....pour directly on the spot....and blot....keep blotting...if stain starts to fade to pink...you are going in the right direction, if not....stop, becuase it will get worse...
2) there's a product call 'spot shot' that literally will get just about anything out....just not sure about the red ink.
oh! and guys.....we get brit humour....it's just not funny sometimes, that's all....thought you wouldve picked up on that

:rolleyes: ;) :LOL:

mlb3c said:
this is my first looksee here.....

??? With 1107 posts? that's more than a first...

oh! and guys.....we get brit humour....it's just not funny sometimes, that's all....thought you wouldve picked up on that

Things that are funny often appear to be not so when read with an american accent. :idea:

oilman said:
mlb3c said:
this is my first looksee here.....

??? With 1107 posts? that's more than a first...

Things that are funny often appear to be not so when read with an american accent. :idea:

fyi -it was my first look in this particular section of the forum.... and I'll rephrase my comment--sometimes brit humour is not appreciated as it should be by americans...we tend to be taken by surprise when looking for a solution to our dilemmas :rolleyes: .....how's that? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back