old soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
bought a 70's chalet bungalow recentley with an awful bathroom suite,decided to take out and replace,thats when the fun began,bath,sink,and shower came out ok,but the toilet waste was sort of half burried in the wall and went straight down of course the end of the clay pipe broke and so ive had to dig down about a foot to try to find where it connected to and put a new piece in,there is a manhole cover right outside the bathroom in the utility which used to be outside,confussed yet?
my problem is the old pipe is just breaking away and will need totaly replacing i reckon its about 12-18" long to where it goes into the gully and then out to the septic tank at the front of the garden (not connected to mains sewarge) can i dig up and just lay in new plastic pipe as im sure there is no way i could just piece the new plastic to the old clay 4" pipe.
Thanks for any help
Nige

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back