Cooker Hood Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just spent a fortune building a new kitchen and have put up stud partitions, plaster board and plaster over the old walls (they were a mess). Our new cooker, freestanding is against the wall that joins our semi detached house to the one next door. The cooker hood is fixed above the cooker. It all looks good and works a dream but our neighbour through the wall complains every time the cooker hood is on. They say they can hear the noise from vibration. I've been next door to hear for myself, and there is a hum when the fan is on full, but I would not say it was too bad and it's not like we cook all day!

The question is - can we dampen the noise of the cooker hood? Note it vents externally through a duct pipe of approx 2 metres length and 10cm diameter, routed under a false ceiling. I was considering putting a seal of some sort along all the metal parts that touch the wall, and possible wrapping something round the motor, and possibly putting some insulation in the duct cavity (the parts that can be reached anyway). Any ideas? Moving the cooker and hood is not an option.

Thanks
Roobarb :mad:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back