Removing alarm panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi' hoping some of you guys can help with what may seem an obvious question. I'm in the process of pricing up a job, one of the things the customer has requested is the isolation and removal of their intruder alarm panel. The customer has lived at the property for 6 years and has never armed the alarm as they don't know the activation numbers.

The panel has a live feed to it but as far as I'm aware is not armed. My thoughts were to isolate the feed to the panel and then remove it. I'm a bit hesitant as I don't want to be in a position where the alarm starts to go off and bursts my eardrums.

Am I thinking along the right lines? I normally work with wood :eek:

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
When you isolate the mains from the control panel the external bell will ring, either until the back up battery in the bell runs out (could be 20mins plus) or until you get up to the bell and disconnect the battery / sounder. Yes they are quite loud when your that close to them

When you remove the cover the tamper alarm will start, you can stop this with the master user code (if he has it) [the engineering code could stop it from occuring in the first place btw]. When the power is cut to the outside bell box then that will start ringing from its interneral battery (so leave battery in panel for now), so when you have triggered the tamper from the panel and shut it down, I'd go up a ladder and remove the bellbox cover and snip the battery lead inside and then the cable that links it to the panel, (ir may go off, be prepared just incase) then you an remove the bellbox, come down the ladder, take the battery out the panel and remove that

Strange how no one ever has complications with their staircase and asks if you would come and remove it and chuck it away... nah seems limited to alarm systems that one.... :LOL: (Edited: realised you were a chippy and not a sparkie...)

Sponsored Links
fattony said:
When you isolate the mains from the control panel the external bell will ring, either until the back up battery in the bell runs out (could be 20mins plus) or until you get up to the bell and disconnect the battery / sounder. Yes they are quite loud when your that close to them

no it wont.

the panel battery takes over first

Do it as ch427. Opening the bell ousude will cause it and the inside sounder to sound.

Snip the battery or piezo cable inside bell [ just keep going until it shuts up - your only a chippy :LOL: ]

Then remove power from panel and disconnect it's internal battery.

Strip system out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back