? about boiler and flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have a bosch worster 28 cdi combi boiler any way i need to drain system down to add two rads and was thinking of flushing system too. the ? is when i look under boiler where the flow and return pipes go in there are two elbows with a flat screw thread on them are these valves ? and what are there purpose ? and can i use them to stop debri crap entering system when i drain flush using filling loop . love to learn the best way to flush a combi system and rads ? would i be best to close all rad valves and just open one at a time to flush?

Sponsored Links
cheers thanks for that bster so they are isolating valves under my boiler on flow and return valves then?

Sponsored Links
Don't do it :eek:

Touch them and they will leak afterwards.

And i believe that the boiler will have to come of the wall to replace them.

scatman

we replaced the iso valves on (spherical type ) 3 Worcesters last week, i've not been in the trade long but its obvious that they are a problem.

btw - managed to change them without boiler coming off wall.

Internal leak sealer works but I believe can cause long term probs to the heat exchanger IMHO.
P

Bster did you do it by removing a lot of parts fom inside the boiler, or did you release the flue and all connections, and pull the bottom forwards - which I think would work..

i think we were lucky in that the F and R's had some play on them. we managed to undo the nuts and lockrings, (the lockrings, if i remember, could not be removed - but that doesnt matter) and they just fell out!

Surely they wont leak? the boilers only 4 or 5 years old, i was told worcester boilers were made well dont say they skimped on the valves? are you trying to scare me lol

I havnt had any problems with boiler since fitted , just locked out once after i had it serviced lol . Perhaps it doesnt like being touched, I read the manual to work out the flashing light sequence reset it and it was ok after that never did find out why it locked out?

You might get away with it, often they weep a bit for a couple of days then stop. But you might not, as others have said, and it's no fun replacing them .
Worcester cdi's have many of the same sorts and makes of bits as many other boilers which were a lot cheaper. The brass parts are ALL likely to be Italian - some certainly are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back