Bosch not filling with water.... my fault???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We resurfaced out countertops and replaced sink, as a result water was turned off to Dishwasher. My 13 year old daughter, being the creature of habit that she is, started the dishwasher. Well being a Bosch you can't hear it anyway, but obviously it didn't fill up with water. I would imagine it was on about 30 minutes until I realized it and turned it off. Now that water is hooked up, it won't fill with water. I hear an intial sound when turned on then nothing. HELP!
what is broken?

Sponsored Links
Was the dishwasher pulled out of position at all?
If it was, pull it out again, the fill hose will be kinked. Also make sure the water valve is on, if it's the tiny plastic blue handle type valve, the handles have a habit of turning without turning the valve.

double check that the water is turned on under the sink to your dishwasher. if it is then you probably have a stuck impeller, which is common on some bosch's. heat up some hot water in a kettle, then poor it into the dishwasher. let it sit a few minutes then start the d/w if its still stuck, then call out a tech to fix it. the part number is 167085 at your local appliance part shop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back