How to plumb in the tap on a sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 pillar taps for my kitchen sink. A copper pipe obviously fits into it but how would I make this connection watertight??

I've plumbed in mixer taps before but they had the pipes already attached to them......
thanks

Sponsored Links
The conventional solid fitting is just called a "tap connector",
but if you use the flexible hoses which most people do now, they have the right fitting on the end - it'll be half inch bsp for a kitchen tap.

I know about the connections as I've used them before but I mean where the pipe needs to fit up into the base of the tap - into the threaded bit....
hard to explain I wish I could draw it!

Sponsored Links
Standard 15mm compression tap conectorfor 1/2" tap
9145.gif

Flexible tap connector
6931.png

They both need washers, which usually come with them.

some taps used to come with tapered inside and the copper would go straight in ....a compression coupling would serve to supply 2 nuts and olives for a pair of taps .......only applied to half inch not 3/4 bath taps ..and ballvalves could be done too ;) ;)

Sometimes they're still like that. So darned sharp that they go straight through a rubber washer in a flexy tap connector!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back