Ok to put kitchen cupboard around a conventional boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a conventional [not combi] wall hung boiler here and wondering if I could hide it with a kitchen cupboard as it isn't that pretty.

Is it ok as long as I don't encase the underneath of it? ie. just put sides and the door front on it? Are there any clearances needed at the side?
thanks.....

Sponsored Links
It's all specific to the boiler - what is it? One of us will have the instructions if you don't. Can't see it being a problem if top and base of cupd are not there though!

If u have enough ventilation of the compatment at the top & bottom for air to circulate around the boiler & for air for combustion to enter it will be fine. taking into account u have external air for combustion in the room that it is in.Is it conventional flue or r/s

Sponsored Links
If it's a W2000 with a balanced flue (big rectangular thing out of the wall) then it says 1/2" (10mm) (!) each side, and only mentions 450mm at the front for servicing (ie with door open).

If it's the chimney one (conventional flue) then the gap each side goes to 25mm, and though the gap at the front isn't specified (ies till 450 but they don't say for servicing so I expect its a mistake, You don't want it restricting the louvres in the boiler front at all, so say 150mm - others may disagree. If it's CF you do need permanent vents to outside...

ChrisR said:
If it's a W2000 with a balanced flue (big rectangular thing out of the wall) then it says 1/2" (10mm) (!) each side, and only mentions 450mm at the front for servicing (ie with door open).

And make it easy to remove, there's nothing worse than trying to maul 1/2 a ton of boiler around in a cupboard, although the W2000 might be a touch heavier than that!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back