Rob Willey Firecharm update

B

Bamber gaspipe

Have to share this one with you in case you come across it..remember I posted the fact that I couldn`t light the fire by using the piezo ignition? yeah? Remember it was also a brand new install? Remember I posted on here & asked?...& got toasted & locked out for not accepting other engineers explanations ( like Ollski`s gas sucked up flue before reaching pilot scenario)

Well this will kill ya.. fitted another one today..same situation, thought this cannot be right...press down, turn anti-clockwise thru spark ignition, check for ignition, spark present again...no ignition....you have to turn twice thru spark ignition ( 2 clicks, not 1, for gas to ignite)! :oops:
Simple & laughable but not in MIs & not if you are used to hearing one click on piezo & looking for flame. Bit of info for those like me who were unaware, Like Ollski & co. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I dont remember you being "toasted and locked out" !

I dont really understand what you have said here. Do you mean that it only lights on the second spark? Or that the knob has to be turned two whole revolutions?

Tony

You were not involved. It doesn`t matter. The model in question requires the knob to be depressed, turned anti-clockwise thru one click( spark observed) & then through a further click ( ignites) Hold for ten seconds for thermocouple blah..blah.. I expected ignition after first ( as you do) not so on this model. Handy info if you have not fitted one before....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back