Vaillant 242 Combi - DHW variation & sticky boiler drain

Sponsored Links
OK well thats clarified a few things... :LOL:

To be honest I never used the "Pressure Relief Valve" to drain the system... there are plenty of drain points in the system and I would use them.

When the pressure was high the other day I used the relief valve...and that started leaking... it looks fairly simple to replace the valve so I'll try to get hold of one of those - any idea's on how much one of these is likely to cost please?

ANy idea's how the pressure is being maintained though?... it almost seems like more water is feeding into the system to compensation for the water that is lost through the valve.

Thanks for your help guys (apologies for all the dumb questions......and part references!) :oops:

Sorry I did mean to respond to the suggestion that Chris kindly offered....

The secondary heat exchanger...is that the same as the small (shromed) DHW exchanger that was fitted about 18 months ago.... this is located on the left side of the boiler.

I assume it probably isn't, though clearly we do have a problem there too as mentioned earlier in the thread as the DHW temp. is intermittent..especially in the summer when the heating is off.

Is there any other way that I can test or check whether the secondary exchanger is leaking. Even with the pressure increase would you not expect this to ultimately stop because of the leaking pressure valve?

Internal, heat exchange.... <gulp> sounds expensive.... perhaps the days of my 14 year old 242 are finally numbered :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back