Pressure reducing valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure to our house is 9 bar and we have a combi boiler.

I am wanting to install a reducing valve as i am putting an on-suite in and the shower we're putting in wont be able to handle this pressure (or the instructions say it wont)

The ideal place, i believe is to install it some where after the stop tap and before the boiler. However this is imposible in our house as there is no access to any pipe work after stop tap.

So i was wondering if i could just buy two reducing valves and put them on the hot and cold feed coming into the on-suite?

all comments welcome

cheers,phil

Sponsored Links
Thnk you for your quick reply.

not sure how to do what you suggested though.

How would this reduce the cold feed aswell?

it wont, i miss read your post :oops: yes put them in the shower feed

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that you make whatever modifications are necessary to enable a PRV to be fitted after the cold feed comes into the property.

Because the PRVs only operate properly when the is a flow then I would also suggest you add a pressure release valve operating at say 3.5 Bar to prevent any pressure creeping upwards as that can often happen particularly when the PRVs get a little older and dirt can settle on their seals.

9 Bar is well over the safe pressure rating of any domestic equipment and you are in serious danger of bursting washing machine hoses etc.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back