Replacing a thermocouple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Baxi Bermuda 401 back boiler (GC No 44-077-49) and the pilot light won't stay on after I release the grey push button. After reading the posts in this forum it would seem worthwhile to clean out all the dust & debris and then replace the thermocouple. The whole unit is resting on a base plate and it looks as though it would slide right out if I turn off the gas at the main and then disconnect the pipe from the side of the unit.

Can you please advise if this is a safe DIY job ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
remember if the boiler ends up burning your house down and the insurance company find out you were fiddling withit yourself they probably wont pay out!!!

If it needs a service get a CORGI engineer and tell him to replace the thermo as well.

Sponsored Links
Yes there are things you'd probably miss - like I did on the first couple I did... :oops:

its a basic boiler but you dont get a second chance with gas if you arnt fully aware of what you are doing.

Just ask yourself the following question..its an easy one really

"Am I a competent gas engineer?"

There are only two answers. Decide which one you are opting for and act accordingly.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back