No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Vaillant boiler and the bar pressure is to high, its at 2.5 and i think it is slowly rising. How do i reduce it, i know how to increase it but not down. I am sure the taps are off underneath. Could this explain why my heating works but not my hot water on demand? I can get hot water if the heating is on.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The obvious cause of the pressure rising is the filling loop is leaking ! You SHOULD have a flexible hose which can and ought to be removed when not in use.

The lack of DHW is caused by a failure of your diverter valve.

You have not mentioned your boiler model. Its probably a 10 y.o. Vaillant 242.

Tony

Depends which vaillant, newer ones have hoses inside which nobody removes! They ALL have average to very unreliable diverter valves!

Does the panel have two square gauges, or is it black plastic with green knobs, or is there an lcd display...

sorry yes its a vaillant. And it does appear to be the diverter valve. I shall get a plumber to fix as this i am sure is beyond my capabilities. Tanks for your help

Sponsored Links
were would i find my model number as the only numbers i can find on the bolier don't appear to be what i'm looking for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back