powermax 155 high pitch sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a powermax 155 that gives off a high pitch sound that the customer can hear from outside? any ideas what this could be??

Also does anyone no of a easy way to remove the baffles when they have dropped?

cheers>>>>>

Sponsored Links
It seems you already know what the problem is likely to be!

Tony

tomplumb said:
Also does anyone no of a easy way to remove the baffles when they have dropped?

cheers>>>>>

There isn't one depending on where they have rotted through that is why they should be inspected and replaced if neccessary on the bi annual service (if there is room enough to withdraw them!)

Owners of Powermax 155s should note the recommendation for servicing every SIX months !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hey Tony Ive never got involved in a powermax yet as most of my work is installing & only maintain my installations. (cushy ehh) whats the deal they sound crap?

Agile said:
Owners of Powermax 155s should note the recommendation for servicing every SIX months !

Tony

There isn't one tony, 15 minute service one year and then full 150 minutes the next.

I hate these cr*ppy boilers.

Servicing is a pain, especially in winter when they're zinging hot.

It's a waste of time taking the burner out.

That sump cover is a right ....... to get off.

My combustion tester doesn't fit the poxy tiny hole.

Change a pump....aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh..... valves ALWAYS leak, takes 24hrs to drain & refill [?]

Can't think of anymore but there's millions

Not a fan!!!

I think there may have been a mistake in the Ollski posting above!

"""There isn't one depending on where they have rotted through that is why they should be inspected and replaced if neccessary on the bi annual service"""

Biannual or biennial ?

A biannual event happens twice a year: We make a biannual visit to the in-laws: once at Christmas and again in the summer.

A biennial event happens every two years: The school was due for its biennial inspection. A biennial plant lasts two years.

Tony

Agile, you're a clever bu&&er, it must be said. Loads of useful knowledge. However, is there, perchance, a Mrs Agile who could, perhaps, explain to the class if there are any moments when 'Agile' can't quite "put his finger on it"?

"""However, is there, perchance, a Mrs Agile who could, perhaps, explain to the class if there are any moments when 'Agile' can't quite "put his finger on it"""?

I have asked her and she said "dont ask such a stupid question" !!!

ChrisR could post a picture of her replying!

She is watching TV at the moment and refuses to tell me whats on my favourite channel!

Thats the Airline Disasters on Nat Geo. As some of you will probably guess, I have to "shout instructions" to the pilots in the [ reconstructed ] last minutes of their doomed flights.

In a recent episode after immediately telling the pilots to set the throttles differentially, after a full minute and a half the narrator said that a "trick" in an asymetric flight situation is to set one throttle higher to compensate for the increased drag on one side. I would ask why the pilots did not do that immediately?

At least the 13 y.o. will know what to do if she is ever faced with that situation! ***

Another episode of Transat Flight 236 there was a fuel leak on the starboard wing tank and the pilot stupidly cross coupled the two tanks so the port tank emptied as well. He had to coast without engine power the last 63 NM to the nearest airport but managed to get it down safely ! Had he followed my instructions he could have continued to his destination at no risk!

Tony

PS Edit. Just thought I had better check that the 13 y.o. remembered what to do in an asymetric flight situation! She showed with her right hand the motion on the throttle and said " move the engine" !!! She should make a good pilot in 10 years time!

You Digress some what :confused:

by the way i dont know why on earth we bought these boilers off Range :rolleyes: as they have given us nothing but headaches :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back