Kenmore 110.82683810

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine doesn't drain. I checked the hose, no blockage found. It seems that the motor won't change direction to run the pump. What could go wrong? controller or the motor? How to check it up? Thanks a bunch!

Sponsored Links
If your motor won't even run during the drain/spin mode, check the lid switch out for being faulty.

Thanks handyman!

The motor runs during washing mode, but not drain mode. Where is the lid switch that i need to check? Is it the control box behind the dial? Thanks a bunch!

The lid switch is a safety switch that is connected to the door of your washer. If this door is opened during the drain/spin mode the washer will not drain or spin. Commonly, the switch breaks or needs to be adjusted. You can check the switch for continuity with an ohm meter.

Sponsored Links
thanks handyman! I am gonna check it this evening...

I dont have a ohm meter but i used a piece of wire to bypass the two ends of the lid switch. And it still not working :( Whatelse could it be?

Thanks handyman!

If your washer is filling and agitating ok, and then when it gets to the drain/mode the washer does nothing? If you already tried to bypass the switch and that didn't work the next thing I would look into is the timer. You have to make sure the motor is getting the power it needs to run. You may have a bad timer contact switch inside the timer causing the no power to the motor. You could try wiggling the knob of the timer when it gets hung up to see if that gets it going.

Alright handyman, it is the timer. I tried and couldnt fix it because I dont know what switch combination is for the pumping mode. Anyhow, it's part# 388757. I think i need to replace it. A online store is selling this for $100. Do you know where i can find a used one?

Thank you so very much for your guidance. You da man!

I do not know where you can buy a used timer other than maybe on E-bay. Sorry.

Thanks for the tip, handyman. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the lid switch. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back