Triton Opal Shower reduced power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello People, I hope you can help. I have a Triton Opal 9.5kw electric shower, working fine for some years, that is untill daughter decided to stand on the shower head the other day, and following a loudish bang a puff of smoke, it now operates at a reduced preasure. Temperature seems ok still, it\\\'s as if the water is being heated up but not pumped through.

Any thought or help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
I don't know this shower at all, to be honest, but any
loudish bang and a puff of smoke
from a piece of kit drawing in excess of 40Amps - almost regardless of any other symptom - must, IMO, be investigated. Does sound, at first listen, a bit like a replacement is called for.

your shower doesnt have a pump. lets get that straight for a start. :LOL:

It sounds like one of the elements has burned up.

This is how electric showers work - when you turn the temperature dial to "max", the water slows right down, in order that it remains in the heater for longer so gets hotter. When you turn it to "min", you get a blast of water, but it is much colder because it hasn't had time to heat up in the heater. This is the principle of an electric shower.

One of the elements has gone, so the water has to flow much slower to heat up - hence reduced pressure. But this is normally an adjustment the user would make, unless it is a thermostatic model.

It definitely needs repairing / replacing. replacement is normally cheaper.

does that include the cost of ripping apart and making good a tiled wall because you can't find a new shower with connections that match?

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
does that include the cost of ripping apart and making good a tiled wall because you can't find a new shower with connections that match?
no. valid point. cheers.

Give tritton a call on 024 7637 2222 and see if they can sell you a new heater can for your shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back