where to join plaster board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having read the previous posts on Dot and Dab I have one probably very simple question. The ceiling height is greater than the length of the plaster board by about 200mm. Is any particular method I should be mindful of when patching the remainder of the wall height with plaster board.

I was minded to cut the plaster board into two unequal large pieces using the longer piece from one board and shorter piece on a second baord. this will mean that I have a staggered join just below halfway on one board and just above halfway on the adjoining board.

Or am i getting my knickers in twist over nothing

Sponsored Links
if the skirting board is deep enough then have the cut at the bottom. the join will never be an issue this way.

Thanks for the quick response noeall. your point is valid in that much of the wall is being hidden by a new kitchen. One further question, will the adhesive hold the board onto the wall without support?

no it won't.

we use bricks, blocks, timber packers, any thing around the building site really. if you pack sensibly, you can use one packer per join.

Sponsored Links
Ok. at least I know. I will probably take the time to fit a batton to the wall as it is a long run.

many thanks for your posts you have been a great help.

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back