drain clearing

hi,

When one of the holiday camps rings with a blocked drain I have a mental picture of what the drains for 1,000 odd Haven Holidaymakers might look like and tell them I don't do drains! It's bad enough plunging the rods into the full manhole of a family home. :LOL:

you said It's bad enough plunging the rods into the full manhole of a family home. would you not rod it from next door or do you mean if thats not an option? ( just picking your brains :D )

if i had a blocked toilet or drain i think i would look under drains in the yellow pages.
i know what you mean about being booked in then turning up :mad: its happend to me, and its also happened when ive turned up and someone else has followed. but if that happens the custmer is paying a callout charge
thanx
ray

Sponsored Links
arrive a few minutes behind a competitor.
One chap I know won't set off without debiting a callout charge from a credit card.

It makes good sense to me to try another line of work if your day isn't full enough in a well-supplied market. Anybody can be busy, you're in the same position whether clearing a drain or doing another lock.
With very little extra kit you could do burst pipes, (small) window repairs, and so on.

Personally I'm inundated with work, I only get caught out in this way by the idiots who make you drop everything and spin the same yarn to two other firms at the same time.

You can't rod drains from next door.

Sponsored Links
hi paul,
what business are you in drains? do you work for yourself? when you say you cant rod a drain from next door, we did the other week, we arrived at the house took up the manhole cover and it was full so i knocked next door to ask the guy if could i have a quick look in his manhole cover, looked in and it was clear, so we jetted it from his side ( saving us having to put the hose in the poo!) back toward next door and it cleared after a few minuets.
cheers
ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back