Bra Wire Stuck In Indesit WM12X Washing Machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all we have a 2 year old Indesit WM12X intergrated washing machine which had been working fine until today.
When the drum turns it is making a clicking noise or shoulds like something is rubbing aganist the drum,i took the machine out opened it up at the back and the noise seems to be coming from behind where a funny looking gold screw holds the spider thing that the belt is attached to the drum with.
I thought straight away that it was the bearings but after a bit of looking on this forum i found posts from people talking about bra wire, i asked my wife to check the last couple of bra's that she washed and YES one of them had a wire missing from one side :oops:
The drum does not have any movement in it up or down and when i turn the drum by hand it makes a click sound every 1/4 turn or so but when the machine was spinning earlier the noise was awful
If it is bra wire how do i remove it ?
Any help most welcome plz

Sponsored Links
Either take the heater out and fish it out through there or take the sump hose off and see if you can get it from there.

Sleepyhead said:
Either take the heater out and fish it out through there or take the sump hose off and see if you can get it from there.

What does the heater look like? where abouts in the machine is it?

will have a go tomorrow as on nights

Take the back panel off, look at the bottom of the rear of the tub, you'll see the heater there. It's the one with a nut on it. They're a bit hard to get out so try the sump hose first.

Sponsored Links
many thanks Sleepyhead will give it a go in the morning

taking pump hose off is usualy easier, I once pulled a bra wie out through the drum holes, customer was amazed, but not as much as i was

You should be able to sort this out one-handed with a blindfold on :p

Success :LOL: ended up taking the heater off(it seemed easier than the sump hose due to the type of clip on it) it wasn't too bad, poked around then with a long screwdriver and hey presto out came the wire thanks for all your help Sleepyhead much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back