Oil Boiler - High CO Readings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just serviced a Trianco TSO 125/1 and fitted a new nozzle, 1.00 x 60 H as per manu inst, pump press set up and flue has been swept but am getting very high CO readings of around 400 ppm with my TESTO 325, measured just below air diverter in flue, CO2 is around 11.2, efficiency and smoke are good, runs well with no CO reading inside room, just concerns me having that higher CO in flue.
Any one come across this sort of reading? Suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
What have you done to adjust the air supply?

What level of CO2 does the manufacturer suggest is to be expected under normal operating conditions?

When was the Testo last calibrated?

What colour is the flame?

Tony

With 400 ppm your looking at it sooting up, No more that 60-100ppm means realy clean 0-1 on smoke scale. As Agile says I would suspect the analyser if its out of calibration and if the other reading are Ok. Do you have access to an old wet tester. Handy if the analyser go jubbly bits up.

i aim for 10% co2 (13% with wine) open up the air a bit if youre not happy. or adjust oil press down a bit..obviously not below 100psi. when you set up boilers to 11% plus co2..it can be bordering on smoke.

i would tweak it down to 10% . to avoid the oil boiler mans worst nightmare.......2inches of soot in the heat exchanger .
:cry:

Sponsored Links
I would check the nozzle is the right one first, then the flue/boiler for damp.

Fit the old one back in and compair the reading

As Willhelm said, better off being slightly leaner on the CO2, I always aim for about .5 % lower than the MI states cos I hate getting soot up to me armpits. :mad:

valid point dia, the nozzle might need to be a 80deg angle . with that boiler you can actually see through the glass thing on the access plate . you can see the flame. i know they dont like solid cones. last one i did i fitted a w nozzle. im surprised you still had mi notes on site.

What happens when you adjust for minimum CO? What does the CO2 reading become? Is that an Inter burner? I find they are notorious for giving poor CO figures, and often swap them for something else as it's the easiest way to cure their problems, and thus cheaper for the customer.

Also is there any material inside the boiler than can give off gases as it gets hot?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back