Stripping Down Monsoon Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Monsson 1.5 bar Neg head pump is playing up
When we turn on the shower the Pump just Humms and Buzzes
but will not run.
Is it possible to open these things up and check for prolems myself
or do i have to send it back for a refurb ( Its way out of warrenty )

Sponsored Links
Never took a monsoon too bits cos they normally run forever,Stripped down the nylon shower mate to replace seals which is a pig of ajob due it being a crapper model. The monsoons are brass impeller,s so isolate it, take it out & see if somethings got past the filter jamming it up. I'd guess its basic inside those impeller,s .worst case if its more involved take into a dealer.

If it hums and the impeller does not turn then either the shaft is seized or the capacitor is failed ( if its a capacitor start motor ).

You may find the shaft is accessible at each end of the pump with a slot to engage a screwdriver to see if its free to turn.

I doubt that dirt has jammed the impeller if the filters are in place. More likely to be seized bearings.

We would not usually recommed anything other than replacing the pump it its more than thre years old. A DIYer could take another view.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back