Hotpoint WF250-flashing 'on/off', flashing 'reduce creases'

jp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a Hotpoint WF250. During the cycle, the 'on/off' light blinks along with the 'reduce creases' and 'time saver' lights. The water does not drain out of the tub at this time.

You can move the cycle manually to the final spin and the tub will drain. So the drain pump does work at times as well as the drain hose not being kinked.

Any suggestions? The flashing lights must be an indication to a service technician of the problem.

Sponsored Links
Counting from the top, ie. 1, 2, 3 etc. Which lights are are on/flashing.?

Sleepyhead said:
Counting from the top, ie. 1, 2, 3 etc. Which lights are are on/flashing.?

Hi Sleepyhead. The flashing lights are on the left and are the 2nd and 4th.

From the information I have it tells me the pressure switch is stuck on full.

Sponsored Links
can the switch be removed and cleaned and reassembled? or is it a sealed unit with a pin hole sized opening that sensed the pressure, possibly with a diaphram and you cant really do much with?

Hi Sleepyhead

Had the pressure switch out and could hear it operating when I manually blew into it. Blew down the pressure line and that was very clear also. Checked the discharge pump as it was making a little noise, it had a safety pin in it. Cleaned it and reassembled it. Cleaned the discharge hose, loads of lint.

Trying it out now. Will let you know. When I reconnected the pressure switch, this time I did it with water in tub. This should create a little vacuum when the water is discharged. When the water is back to a tub filled condition, it may be enough to keep it from triggering. Is that a safety mechanism in case the water gets too high in the tub? Or is it an actual water level indication. I thought more of a safety device for front loaders.

The pressure switch stops the machine filling, it is a water level switch.

it fills just fine. it has a problem when it comes time to run the rinse and spin during a cycle. You can manually select final spin and it works. It doesn't want to run through a complete cycle.

Still doing the same thing.

The 2nd and 4th lights are flashing
the on/off light flashes very fast

Faulty pressure switch?
Sorry, that's all I can tell you. It's reporting the pressure switch is stuck on full.
Hotpoint give you a 5 (might be 6) years warranty on parts. You have to pay the labour though.

Just to be sure, the pressure switch is located at the top of the machine, it is round and somewhat flat, like a large hockey puck and it has a clear hose connected to it.

I don't have a multimeter to ohm it out to make sure it is working properly. Is the part available to buy individually or can you only get it from a repairman? Thanks again for all of your help.

You can get it from your local repair shop.
However, like all machines made by Indesit the fault code may not be reporting the actual fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back