joining lead pipning to plastic pipe (bath waste)

les

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how can i join a plastic bath waste to the original lead waste?,
the lead pipe is just sticking out of the wall and then dissapears inside the brickwork.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I would always suggest replacing the lead because it is probably halfway to being blocked.

if this is not an option I would suggest you try a compression fitting if it doesnt leak in the first instance its probably not going to at all.

Yes the plastic compression fittings usually work OK, but a popular make (McAlpine) has a tube which is supposed to go inside the pipe. The lead is too thick so that tubehas to be cut out.

you are not allowed to alter lead pipework, you must replace all pipework according too current regs as far as I know !

Sponsored Links
That's for SUPPLY pipework! Lead wastes are OK. You can actually use existing lead supply pipes, though with restrictions about joining.

everything is ok just dont drink the bath water from the waste pipe ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back