VENTURI SHOWER

Sponsored Links
No, not in a million years, very likely to be a pile of tripe with a gravity dhw system.

Get a Trevis Boost.

Do you want a venturi shower or not? If so, there's only two on the market, the Treviboost and New Team Jetstream.

Sponsored Links
Well it has to be a venturi shower as we have the hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard and the tank in the loft-I thought the CTV was the same thing as a venturi?

diybot said:
Well it has to be a venturi shower...
I think you're misunderstanding the nature of a venturi shower and when one is useful.

Would you like help selecting a shower? If so, just post your requirements here and people will be glad to help, but at the moment you seem to be approaching things all back to front.

Fari enough-its alll very confusing since I bought a house in the UK(from Australia)-In Australia u just have a shower-its run off the mains like the bath is-Even double storey houses-we cant Britian do the same?
so u see my confusion-I just want a shower-the shower we had is not working when I turned the dial no water come out-it was a croydex venturi shower-know discontinued-
So any help in my family getting a new shower would be appreciated!!!
what do us suggest? I want to keep the exposed pipes the same and i dont want to put in an electric shower-I just want a simply swap-

If you had a Croydez venturi then a new venturi should work with those supplies.

As chrishutt said there are now only two products available in the UK, and, as Paul Barker intimated, the Trevi Boost is the better of the two, by four million light years (approximately).

OK- I read further down-found the trevi boost-so what u are saying is I have no choice-it has to be the trevi boost with the system I have-can it be connected to the two brass pipes from the ceiling? They are 15mm-I measured.

diybot said:
OK- I read further down-found the trevi boost
Praise de Lawd. :rolleyes:

so what u are saying is I have no choice-it has to be the trevi boost with the system I have
No. No no no no no no. FSS NO! How hard can it be, or are you winding me up?

You have a choice of two. The Trevi Boost is better than the other one. They're not cheap, so don't say you weren't warned, but you get what you pay for.

can it be connected to the two brass pipes from the ceiling? They are 15mm-I measured.
Yes. There are two editions of the Boost - explosed and concealed. You need the explosed edition.

Please now go and buy the valve and fit the b*stard before one of us dies.

But first you need to check that your hot and cold water supplies are within acceptable limits of pressure for that shower. You might want to employ a professional to get that right.

No I am not winding u up-I mean its quite ridiculous that there are all these showers out there-in Australia u have a shower head, teo tapes that say hot and cold-and guess what they work-thats right a SIMPLE system-all we want is a shower-and I get therms , mixer,s electric, power shower-i mean come on-what about just A SHOWER-now thats why I am confused-so the venturi is expensive-why dont I have a NORMAL choice-i suppose its the system that been built-ridiculous-then I see at http://www.buildingproductexpert.co...139cat8.pdf#search="trevi boost rising pipes"
page 14 and IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME as the ttrevi boost on page 27-explain that!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Acceptable limits-ok is the trevi boost the same as the croydex venturi? Or is the bars different?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back