Ankle deep in water from the washing machine!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Eek! My machine was sat empty (switched off) and I've just opened the door to put my washing in only to be met by a tidal wave! :eek: It was so full I couldn't see there was any water in it and the kitchen is completely flooded.

The machine is a hotpoint Aquarius wd420 washer dryer. I managed to get the door closed again and pump out the water that was left in the machine but I can see it already starting to fill again! I've turned of the water under the sink and switched the machine off at the mains so can't understand whats going on. The 1 yr warranty on it expired on the 20th of this month (of course) and money is an issue. What do I do? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Phone the manufacturer or your retailer, they may honour the warranty as its only just out of date, bu be quick.

Is the water clean or dirty?
If it's clean then the inlet valve isn't closing properly. Easy repair.
If It's dirty. Is the drain hose onto a spigot under the sink? If it is then it's backfilling from the sink. Lift the drain hose higher than the spigot, as high as the underside of the draining board of the sink is best.
You have a five or six year parts warranty on your machine but you have to pay the £90 or so labour fee.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the replies. The water is clean and after surfing (web and kitchen floor lol!) around I did think it was the inlet valve so quite pleased with myself there!

thanks for your help both of you. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back