cutting cast iron soil pipe

H

HiZ

Hi, I have a cast iron soil pipe connected to my old pan which im about to remove and replace. I guess i need to use a multi-fit or whatever they are called which will convert. The problem is that the cast pipe has an inspection plate just near the flange to the pan and I boubt a multi-fit would get enough purchase.

I'll probably just cut the pipe back and fit a flexible plastic one so how do i cut the cast iron?

Rent a chain cutter from HSS?

cheers

Sponsored Links
chain cutter will be less mess.......if you can manouver it round the pipe ....I`ve used them in the dim+distant ;)

Hack saw+elbow grease - only takes half an hour to cut + half hour for arm to recover. :)

Sponsored Links
Angle grinder

when you do your 1st cut around go 3" above cut around again,
pull out section,
then put an old rag down wedged in the pipe end as all that rust an some shards are a nightmare to get out if they drop down into the drain ;)

A reciprocating saw with the right blade will do them if you can get access, but usually end up with a small angle grider with the guard removed cos that's all that will go in. Dangerous, noisy, messy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back