Is this too expensive for a new boiler installation?

ChrisR
Well said ....good post
to many clever dicks thinking Gas fitters are rolling in money/ripping joe public off ;)

Sponsored Links
The guy doesnt need to powerflush, with good chemicals (DS40etc) a mains flush can be just as effecctive. Price sounds cheap to me for a baxi with vertex.

Sponsored Links
vertex flue? Is that the one that uses the power of the cold air intake to power out the hot air exhaust, or am I thinking of a shower?

it is about right that price to be honest. just make sure he chemically flushes the system at least otherwise when your Baxi breaks down Mr Baxi will walk of the job if it hasn't been cleaned properly and will refuse to warrant it. ;)

For a hundred notes fit a magnaclean, worth every penny.

The price is very reasonable in my opinion, but then again I've never been called cheap :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

doitall said:

The price is very reasonable in my opinion, but then again I've never been called cheap :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nope I must agree

he is easy but never cheap

;)

corgiman said:
doitall said:

Nope I must agree

;)

Kev been taking again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

doitall said:
corgiman said:
doitall said:

Nope I must agree

;)

:)
Kev been taking again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you know what my old pappy is like

one babysham and he is anyones

Sounds cheap to me aswell.

I too am a bit sick of jow public thinking they are always getting ripped off.

Try going and getting the qualifications to do it yourself and then getting registered

I would charge £2500 for all that work and BG would charge £3500 I bet :mad:

All I can say is if you like the price, and if the job is quality fit, go for it.

Stop looking at the individual prices, think of the end product. If you think the price is too high, then look elsewhere.

I stopped fitting boilers a long time ago as my prices were always more than a 'one day installs'. No flushing, no boiler interlocks, bad installs, no maintanance spaces provided and just about always the gas line is undersize. So when the boiler broke down (prematurely), householder now has to pay for the short cuts to be sorted.

Talking about gas lines, went to a refurb. New boiler on the wall, kitchen fit is a pro job. Gas hob fitted in the cutout and electric oven below the hob. Gas hob no gas. So looked at the boiler inlet pressure hoping to extend the gas line to the hob. It is 13.5mbars. Burner pressure is way down as well. They will not be getting any gas to the hob as laminated flooring is everywhere.

pannierstan said:
Sounds cheap to me aswell.

I too am a bit sick of jow public thinking they are always getting ripped off.

Try going and getting the qualifications to do it yourself and then getting registered

I would charge £2500 for all that work and BG would charge £3500 I bet :mad:

so raise your prices to be more in line with BG

Why shouldnt we earn good money for our hard earned (and expensive) expertise and training

why pass your discount on to a one off client?????

Where does it say that plumbers cannot earn a similar profit margin as, say, virgin rail and sainsbury's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back